MedEd Lab: Virtual simulation
From Andrew Maunder
This webinar, which is a part of the MedEd Lab series, we will discuss the use of a virtual simulation. When does it fit, and what learning can occur? We will also discuss implementation strategies. The focus of this webinar will be on a specific case where virtual simulation of a lab setting.
In this webinar we will meet Matthew Kirkman and Louisa Cheung will be sharing their experiences with the simulation tool Labster.
- Louisa Cheung is the course coordinator for Frontiers in Translational Medicine in the Molecular Techniques in Life Science Master Programme
- Matthew Kirkman is the course director of the Cell, Stem Cell and Developmental Biology course in the undergraduate Biomedicine program and deputy director of education at CMB
The aims of the webinar are to:
- Discuss areas where virtual simulation training could be used for competence training
- Discuss strategies for implementing virtual simulations in education.
- Discuss pitfalls and surprises.